Thursday, January 15, 2009

Learning from Writing

It occurred to me after reading my post from yesterday with fresh eyes that I am guilty of the very sin I accused others of committing--not realizing how their speech (or writing) would affect their audience.

It is true that you don't know what you think until you write it down and read it out loud. I see now that by pointing out the flaws of my employers' marketing campaigns, I may be damaging my possible future opportunity to help them improve. If they were to somehow come across my blog, they might take offense that I am criticizing them publicly. Causing offense certainly won't build the type of PR needed to promote my own plan!

So, although my previous post is not perfect, I am learning already. If criticizing, do so cautiously, especially if doing so in public. Otherwise the public relationship with the recipient may disintegrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment